As a Game Designer, you will create engaging game content through: level design, ramping mechanics, game balancing and more. You will communicate with the various teams working on our projects to ensure that the game holds true to the intended design. You will manage game testing and coordinate design iterations with the development teams.
- Develop levels, prototype modeling, event scripting, entity placement, pacing, balancing and gameplay tuning.
- Assist in the development and realization of tools for the level design process.
- Update the associated game design documentation.
- Work with designers, artists, and engineers to deliver mission designs that exemplifies the creative vision of the game.
- Research subject matter relating to the design objective in an effort to ensure the authenticity of the experience.
- Take ownership of designs from an initial concept to the final stages of polish, and facilitating communication to ensure the vision is clearly understood.
- Be a positive influence on the entire team and as a Designer.
- Help create and maintain the New User Experiences for a variety of game systems.
- Create clear and concise design specs
- Creating your own functional prototypes
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience in the games industry
- Extensive understanding of design processes including player engagement, pacing, environmental storytelling, testing, etc.
- Ability to self-critique and accept outside criticism.
- Ability to pitch game design concepts in a clear, detailed manner, through strong written and verbal skills.
- A team player-mindset, understanding the importance of collaboration, and able to communicate effectively with all disciplines and departments.
- A positive, solution-oriented attitude and passion about the play experience, with a wealth of knowledge across a wide range of games.
- Ability to learn and master new tools and techniques.
- Have a good Knowledge of Unity 3D
- Have a good understanding of working with scenes and prefabs in Unity
- An understanding of free-to-play economies and game systems
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to prioritize your time based on the most important needs of the project
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- An understanding of modular design
- Worked with Unreal Engine 4
- Worked with Cloud Script
- Worked with Playfab
Our head office is in Visby, at S: t Hansgatan 35, just below Stora Torget. Send your CV and a short cover letter to: email@example.com